Autumn Hue

Autumn Hue

Welcome

Having people to love makes it all worth while.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Buttery Pound Cake



This is the first time I have ever made a cake without salt, baking powder and/or baking soda. I was sure it wouldn't turn out correctly and I would be wasting a pound of butter! I was so very happy when it was cool enough to try a piece and make sure I hadn't really wasted. This is one of the best cakes I've ever tasted. I like cakes plain sometimes. I'm thinking of trying an old-fashioned glaze for the top though, so I can take it to work tomorrow and share with my boss and co-worker.

Ingredients
1 pound butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup milk
Preparation
Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each addition. Add extracts, beating just until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until combined. Add milk, beating until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.

Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Serve with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment